Construction Companies: 10% Capacity For Continuous Improvement Can Lead To Big Gains
This episode of The Mobile Workforce Podcast discusses the importance of reviewing your payroll process and upgrading your solution if you’re spending more than a couple of hours per week on payroll. This is according to our guest, Josh Stearns, CEO of Constructionpayroll.com. He recommends looking at your payroll process if it’s taking up too much of your time. Time is money, after all.
It is important to always be doing continuous improvement and dedicating a certain amount of productivity time to working on the business and not just working in the business. This is especially true when things are going well, as it is easy to get complacent.
- Focus on undefined processes
- Have a payroll system that is integrated with the timekeeping system
- The importance of having a system in place that can handle certified payroll reports
- How companies can increase efficiency by dedicating 10% of their capacity to continuous improvement projects
- Why it is important to make sure that the system is able to compile the construction-specific reports that are required
- Make your payroll system more efficient by integrating it with other systems
- The need for compliance tracking software on prevailing wage projects
- The importance of integrating third-party systems